Bangladesh making action intend to increase exports of farm produce
The government has decided to prepare an action plan with a view to boosting outbound shipments of the country's agricultural products, officials said.
It had previously initiated a move to web form national committee, steering committee and subcommittee to create ready the plan.
Your choice came at a view-exchange meeting organised by the Department of Agricultural Advertising (DAM) under the Ministry of Agriculture with its director general (DG) Mohammad Yousuf in the chair.
Representatives from the sectors concerned including Bangladesh Fruit, Vegetable and Allied Goods Exporters' Association (BFVAPEA) were within the meeting.
The action plan would give attention to a long-term target to help expand increase exports of agricultural goods, the officials said.
When contacted, DG Mohammad Yousuf said, "We've started preparing a proposed action plan to increase the level of exports of agricultural goods. The proposed draft will come to be finalized after discussions with the stakeholders worried."
He expressed the trust that the number of exports of agricultural manufacture would boost if the program is implemented properly.
The export level of agricultural products (processed and clean) was only 2.0 % of the country's total exports, in line with the DAM documents.
In the fiscal year 2019-20, the country earned US$ 849.1 million by exporting of such items.
Of the quantity, only US$ 163 million or 0.41 % was earned from export of fruit and vegetables.
Alternatively, the volume of fruit exports was very negligible. But the country had secured the third and seventh job in production of vegetables and fruits respectively on earth.
The government had recognized agriculture as important sector in the current export policy. Nonetheless it had not been possible to export fruits and vegetables despite their surplus development in the country because of existing complexities, the files read.
Bangladesh produces an enormous variety of agricultural products. Its high-value crops such as vegatables and fruits have potential to seize the markets around the world, a senior recognized of the DAM said.
The federal government had formulated agricultural marketing act-2018 to overcome the prevailing challenges of the sector. In the take action, the DAM had been assigned to boost the export level of agricultural items through interacting with the exporters of such goods, the documents said.
The state-entity opened an export cell to expedite the exports of agricultural produce.
It had likewise drafted an agricultural marketing insurance policy-2021. In the plan, emphasis was placed on raising the exports of farm goods.
A good 21-point recommendation including removal of existing roadblocks to exports of agricultural products was put in the meeting.
Besides, the conference had decided to talk to Bangladesh embassies to acquire info on the demand and import standards of agricultural components of respective countries.
- Bangladesh elected International Seabed Authority council member
- India pleased with Bangladesh’s graduation from LDC status
- After chip crisis, foam shortage threatening US auto...
- A Look Inside Apple's 23,000 Square-Foot Fitness+ Studio
- The commercial property keeps cruising
- Just with time for National Cereal Moment, Fruity...
- Wall Street Journal lauds Bangladesh’s booming economy
- Huawei showcases a full lineup of digital power...
- Semi-conductor shortage having ripple effect on new and...
- Bangladesh suspends Nepal flights to curb Covid spread
- Study: 77% of Bangladeshi returnee migrants struggling to...
- Dhaka can explore CIS, other export markets: Stakeholders
- New “Cruella” Apparel and nuiMOs JUST AROUND THE...
- How Bangladesh will get richer and save the...
- Explore new export markets, including Africa: experts
- Scrap computer, electronics recycling to be held in...
- The Best Outdoor Side Tables for Completing Your...
- Nokia Phones Soon Be Produced In Bangladesh