Epic Games is wanting to convince a California court to reinstate Fortnite on the Apple App Store pending legal proceedings, arguing that doing this is in the "public interest," court documents show.
If not, the game could suffer "irreparable harm," the business's lawyers said in a fresh lawsuit.
The gambit comes amid a battle over whether Apple's tight control over the App Store, and its thirty percent cut of revenue, counts as monopolistic behavior.
Apple pulled Fortnite from its online mobile software marketplace on August 13 after Epic released an update that dodges earnings sharing with the iPhone maker.
Last month a US court rejected Epic's bid to have Fortnite reinstated on the App Store, saying its eviction by Apple was a "self-inflicted wound."
"Over 116 million registered users have accessed Fortnite through iOS - a lot more than any other platform," Epic says in the brand new complaint.
"By eliminating many of these players from Fortnite, and blocking Fortnite's capability to access over a billion iOS users, Apple is irreparably harming Epic's chances," it continues.
Daily active users have dropped by a lot more than 60 percent since Fortnite was removed, it says, while Epic's reputation in addition has taken a hit.
"Epic may never see these users again," the lawsuit says.
But it did not back off from its fight Apple, stating that the tech giant "is a monopolist."
Due to the legal row, Fortnite fans using iPhones or other Apple products no more have access to the latest game updates, including the new season released towards the end of August.
Apple will not allow users of its popular devices to download software from anywhere but its App Store.